'Twas the Night Before Christmas (1974)

User Reviews

I have never seen a holiday special that I could sing along to as much as this. I literally grew up watching this this on a cruddy VHS from the 1980's, and when the UPS guy finally came with it today I nearly accidentally mauled him with excitement. The fact that this wonderful little treasure is finally on DVD format shows that there is indeed justice in the world. I won't have to worry about breaking down that trusty old video, I just break down this trusty old DVD! When I have children, I will force them to watch this everyday before Christmas (and learn the songs of course) so they can be dorks like me. There aren't enough stars to rate this, but I'll give it 10/10 anyway.

Storyline

One Christmas season, the citizens of a small town, both human and mouse, find their letters to Santa Claus have been unceremoniously returned. Furthermore, there is a message that says the entire town has been removed from Santa's delivery itinerary due to being insulted by a letter from that town dismissing his existance. While Father Mouse confronts his cynical son, Albert, who wrote the letter; their human companions, a clockmaker and his family work to find a way to regain Mr. Claus' favour.

Watch 'Twas the Night Before Christmas (1974) : Full Length When a town learns that Santa Claus has struck it off his delivery schedule due to an insulting letter, a way must be found to change his mind.

Release Date : Dec 08, 1974
Runtime : 25 minutes
Genres : Animation, Family
Production Company : Rankin/Bass Productions
Production Countries : United States of America
Casts : Joel Grey, George Gobel, Tammy Grimes, John McGiver
Plot Keywords : holiday, santa claus, christmas


Previous
Next Post »